March 01, 2009

Porkchop Goes Out To Pasture

In a private moment at a beautiful, secluded location, I tearfully removed Porkchop's armor and released him to the wild. I did not feel it was fair to keep him cooped up in the stables as Mugato took over the roll of tanking pet.

Please cherish your memories of Porkchop, as he accompanied our early groups many times .... always with a feisty and loyal attitude.

But in a leap from WoW to RL, Porchop is now personified in my home. As you can see below, he still maintains his feisty attitude. In this picture he is rutting and scraping on my new Gorilladin shirt. He is still a little upset about being replaced as tanking pet by Mugato (my gorilla).
The future of boars as stronger tanking pets may be a bit brighter. Blizzard has hinted about reworking the tenacity class pets, resulting in more powerful abilities for all of them.

If that day comes, Porkchop could make a triumphant return to WoW.

/que Born Free music here.

/snif

6 comments:

  1. I too lament the condition of my L70 RFK boar, LeChon (Roast Pig, in my native tongue of Tagalog) as he was summarily replaced by a good lookin rhino.. which was replaced again by an even awesomeer looking worm.... and back to gorilladin because I just love to aoe tank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...I always cry a little when I read about pets being released...especially ones that the hunter has spent a lot of time with. I hope he gets to return after 3.1 ... with the change to thunderstomp, my gorilla will be out the door and I will get a new turtle, like the one I leveled from 15-59 with. Oh, and .. yay! A hunter/blogger from my own server! Too awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. With the change to thunderstomp and gorillas new ability i foresee bears or worms becoming a better choice as a tanking pet.Bears will have Thunderstomp + Swipe + Growl?!?! YES PLEASE!! Worms having the huge armor reduction, thunderstomp, and growl. Once again, sign me up. If blizzard reworks boars, I loved my boar and would go get one again, no questions asked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know only hunters truly understand the sense of sadness from releasing a pet in favor of another. I kept my original bear from when I was a level 10 until I hit mid 60s. I wish I had him when the Northrend was opened up. Woulda been sweet to explore Northrend with a pet I had first tamed at level 10.


    Clifdog
    Ramblings of a Misguided Hunter - http://wowclifdog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. ended up keeping my boar [chuckberry] - cause i'd been having a tough time keeping my pets alive in heroics since i went survival.

    i do however, feel your pain. @lvl60 i traveled back to STV and released [rhan] my trusty silverback companion of 28 lvls in order to pick up [chuck - EPLboar] for BC lvling. I went back out and picked him up when we got the extra stable spots and lvl'd gorilladin style through wrath. nice to have both in the stable with the wasp and wolf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So call me sentimental, but my original cat, Swiftclaw, was the first pet I tamed at level 10. He is with me now at Level 80, and helps me run my dailies. My demon hound, Emberblood, and my gorilla, Gorilla, sometimes swap places with him, but even if cats became unplayable, I would leave a stable slot open for Swiftclaw.

    ReplyDelete